Workforce / Talent
Strengths / Competencies
Places / Facilities
Advanced Technology Assets
Uranium Processing Facility (UPF)
East Tennessee's rich technology resources and advanced assets contribute to companies success.
East Tennessee often surprises business leaders with its rich technology advantages:
- The nation’s largest science and energy laboratory
- A highly active research university
- An innovative entrepreneurial spirit
- Advanced material facilities
- Numerous technology training options
Leaders in many business sectors tap into East Tennessee’s valuable assets in the realm of technology, a total package unique in the nation. They have discovered the region’s significant advantages that catalyze business success.
Take advantage of these unexpected strengths found in East Tennessee:
- One of the world’s largest supercomputers
- World-class research in advanced materials, additive manufacturing and carbon fiber
- Sophisticated technological expertise at the lab and university related to manufacturing, logistics, business administration, and many other areas
- Superfast Internet connection
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory is the largest science and energy laboratory in the United States, with dozens of collaborations with researchers and businesses
- The University of Tennessee is a research university with very high research activities, as classified by the Carnegie Commission.
- The Y-12 National Security Complex brings decades of precision work and expertise to solve problems for customers in the private sector.