The Knoxville-Oak Ridge Region is in the center of the Eastern U.S. at the junction of three major interstate highways. An ideal location for the movement of people and goods, the region is within a day's drive of 70% of the U.S. marketplace.
Many regional businesses take advantage of this strategic location to implement just-in-time delivery practices. A major intersection for air, motor, rail, and waterway transportation, the region is a prime location for domestic and international commerce.
An ideal business location, the 15-county region's vibrant, diverse economy provides the perfect balance of economic, workforce, and technology resources to succeed in a global economy.
- Located at the juncture three major interstates, I-40, I-75, and I-81
- Rail service by Norfolk Southern, CSX, and local short-line railroads
- Barge service on the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway System
- McGhee Tyson Airport offers more than 120 flights daily to 18 major U.S. destinations
- U.S. Customs Port of Entry
- Foreign Trade Zone designation
- Within a day's drive of 70% of the US market
- Excellent access to an existing network of raw materials suppliers from steel to plastics to automotive electronics
Click below for more details: